Friday, September 7, 2012

citric vitamin water


A trip to the dentist has left me feeling completely sorry for myself and a little tender. I don't have much to share other than it's nice to have polished teeth again.


Luckily a little pre-thought had me make up a jug of this vitamin water. Mainly because I knew I wouldn't be racing home to eat nuts or crackers, but would want something cool and soothing.

The flavours, vitamins and minerals have leached out of the fruit into the water, creating a beautiful refreshing drink with barely any calories.


So after a long day today, I have just sat down to enjoy a tall glass full of this simply tasty vitamin water and share it with you. It would make the most refreshing summer evening drink, something to keep in mind as these spring days get warmer.

Ingredients

(makes 2+L)

1 large grapefruit, sliced into 1/2 cm rounds
1 medium orange, sliced into 1/2 cm rounds
2 inch knob of ginger, finely sliced
water

Add fruit and ginger to a large jug (2 or more litres) and cover with water.
Sit in refrigerator for 4-6 hours to allow flavours to infuse.
Pour over ice or just as is.
Tip: you can top up the water as you go, will last for 2-3 days.

2 comments:

  1. Ask ur dentist about acid wear! I know because thats what I get in trouble for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) thanks for the heads up! The dentist has always recommended drinking fresh water after eating fruit, to ensure little wear and tear... Happy brushing ;)

      Delete