Friday, September 14, 2012

homemade apple pie tea


Happy Friday! One of the best days of the week. Work is over and there is a full weekend of exciting activities to do.

After a lovely afternoon walk with my sister, I sat down and brewed up a cup of this herbal tea.


Tea something that I have been wanting to make for a while now.

When it comes to what I would put in it, well, there were some apples and pears in the refrigerator and what goes better with apples than cinnamon. Then finally from some recent baking, I had a few left over vanilla beans that I had put aside for this very purpose.

When I first gave it to Joel to try, he said 'wow, it takes just like a McDonalds apple pie'. I just laughed and told him this is as close as he'll get.


Ingredients

1 apple, finely diced
1 pear, finely diced
2 tsp cinnamon sugar
2 vanilla bean skins
optional: brown rice syrup

Optional: Dip vanilla beans in brown rice syrup and drain of any excess liquid.
Finely slice the vanilla beans and toss with the remainder of the ingredients.
Spread out on a dehydrator tray and set to 40C.
Run the dehydrator for 12 hours or until there is no more moisture in the apple bits.
Store in an airtight container and use as you would herbal tea.



No comments:

Post a Comment