Friday, March 15, 2013

chia and goji toasted muesli


It's a bit of a rainy drizzly day today, so I decided that after the house work, some time in the kitchen was called for.

I wanted to make something that would jazz up my breakfasts a bit, as these days I've just fallen into the pattern of fruit and yogurt to start my day. Toasted muesli is exactly the addition that I'm in need of.

Packed with omega-3's in the chia, antioxidants in the goji and wholegrain's in the oats - this will do my growing baby bump a whole lot of good. Not to mention tastes amazing!


Ingredients

1/4 c organic honey
2 tbsp coconut oil

2 c rolled oats
1/4 c chia seeds
1/2 c goji berries

Method

Melt honey and coconut oil in a small saucepan on the stove.
Once melted, remove from stove and stir in all other ingredients.
Spread on to a parchment lined tray and bake for 20 minutes at 100 C, door slightly ajar.
Keep your eye on it, tossing every 5 minutes or so.
Remove from oven and cool completely before crumbling the mixture.
Store in an airtight container up to a week or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment