Friday, July 13, 2012

kefir fennel slaw with lemon myrtle


Ever since I have been taking kefir and adding it to meals, I have noticed a huge difference in my vitality.

It’s amazing really. 


While I don’t necessarily have any issues with my skin, it just seems to be brighter as a result of the probiotics in my system.

Everything seems to run better, and even when exercising I notice that I have heaps more endurance.

I’m even sleeping better.


I’m alternating between the milk and water probiotics, and am finding that I’ll drink a ¼ c of the milk/yogurt first thing in the morning and ½ c of the water just before dinner. It stabilizes the blood sugar which leaves me feeling much more satisfied and energised for longer.

Here is a simple recipe I have come up with that incorporates the kefir yogurt into meals. If you don’t have kefir, that’s fine just substitute it for plain natural yogurt.



Ingredients

(serves 4)

1 large fennel bulb, shaved or finely sliced
10 romaine lettuce leaves, finely sliced
1/2 c kefir yogurt (or natural yogurt)
1 tblsp organic apple cider vinegar
1 tblsp quality olive oil
1 tsp lemon myrtle
pinch of salt and pepper to taste

Soak fennel in a bowl of cool water for 20 minutes then drain.
Add fennel with all the other ingredients in a large bowl.
Toss until well combined.
Serve straight away or sit in the refrigerator for up to an hour to let the flavours infuse.



1 comment:

  1. Really unique blog with beautiful photos!
    I nominated you for the Lovely blog award, thanks for sharing your great blog!

    ReplyDelete