Monday, July 2, 2012

exciting news

Well, I am so excited.
I had set a goal and I’ve reached it.


Every morning when I wake up, I spend the first 15 minutes of the day flicking through the foodgawker app on my ipad. Because yep, I think about food from the second I get up.

Late last week I was doing the usual flick, flick, flick – making my way through the entries when… wha?! Back, back, back – oh my gosh!

I squealed, startling Joel awake – he was like ‘What? What is it? Is it the mouse again?!’
I shoved the screen in his face (pretty sure he couldn’t focus) and excitedly announced that I had my first post approved on foodgawker.com – he gave me a big kiss and said ‘yay, you did it honey’ and continued sleeping.

Thinking it was just a fluke, I didn’t want to say anything.

But, before we left for a quick trip to Canberra, I submitted my most recent post.
After the long drive back (5 hours), I logged into my blog and noticed that my hits for the pumpkin spice almond butter were 15 times the amount that I would usually get – weird.

Logging in to my foodgawker profile I quickly figured out why.

A second post had made it!

I did a dance (like an uncoordinated rain dance), Joel joined in and we jumped up and down cheering ‘yayyyy!’. Oh, we have a simple life..

Back to goals, when I started blogging I set a goal to get accepted on foodgawker.com. I really didn’t think it was going to happen for AGES!

I love setting goals and reaching them. But now that it has been reached, I am in the process of setting new goals.

1 comment: