Wednesday, June 6, 2012

apple and tahini breakfast soup

My breakfasts usually include some sort of grain.

I'm not opposed to grains, but I wanted to try something a little different that would be lighter on the digestion.

That's where I came up with the idea of a breakfast soup.

Yes, soup!


My recent tahini addiction forced me to include it somehow and I wanted to keep this recipe as simple as possible.

So, with only 2 or 3 ingredients - this is such an easy and quick breakfast to whip up.

I made this soup straight after a morning workout, so I opted to add a poached egg on top for some extra protein. 
The egg is optional and you can omit this part if you choose.


Ingredients

(serves 1)

1 large apple, roughly chopped
1 tblsp tahini

*Optional: 1 organic free-range egg

Place apple in a small saucepan with enough water to cover 2 inches of the bottom of the pot.
Cook until apple is tender (you can poke a knife easy through).
Remove from heat and combine tahini with the cooked apple in a blender. 
Whiz until pureed.
Serve!

*Optional: 
Bring a small pot of water to the boil. 
Stir the water in an anti-clockwise direction.
While the water is still spinning, crack the egg into the middle of the pot. 
Let the water return to boil for 1 minute.
Using a slotted spoon, scoop out the poached egg draining excess liquid and place on top of the 'soup'.
Sprinkle with a pinch of vanilla salt. 





No comments:

Post a Comment