Friday, August 10, 2012

activated vanilla walnuts


I love productive days.
My hours at work have gone back to normal, which means I was finally able to get on top of the house work. I'm not one to feel comfortable if there are lingering jobs waiting to be done.
But, now, I am at ease.
Tidying, sorting, washing, cleaning, ironing etc - all done! I've got the incense burning, fresh bunch of lilies from the garden and the fire on full blaze.
Not only all that, but I was able to catch a movie with my best friend (whom I love dearly).

So, after a busy day, it's time for a well deserved snack.


I've had these walnuts on to dehydrate for 24 hours, so now is as good a time as any to dig in.

Walnuts are super high in Vitamin E which has been found to significantly protect against heart problems. Also high in calcium, manganese, omega 3, copper, potassium and magnesium; walnuts provide so much of the good anti-oxidants that our bodies thrive on.

To properly engage these nutrients, I have activated these walnuts by first soaking them in water for 12 hours. This enables the nut to come alive again - literally. The enzymes in the nut start to break down as if it were about to grow. In doing this, your body is absorbing pure live nutrients rather than trying to break down the tough nut first. What better way to nourish your body than with living foods.
Even though they have been dehydrated, they are still activated as they have not been dried out too much to become dormant again.


Ingredients

(makes 3 cups)

3 c raw walnuts, soaked for 12 hours
2 tblsp malt extract
2 tsp vanilla extract

Thoroughly combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
Lay out on dehydrator trays and place on 40 C setting (level II for me).
Dehydrate for 24 hours.
Store in an airtight container for up to a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment